Maitland is a global advisory, administration and family office firm providing seamless multi-jurisdictional legal, tax, fiduciary, investment and fund administration services to corporate, institutional and private clients. Founded in Luxembourg in 1976, the firm is privately owned and fully independent. It has 17 offices in 13 countries, 1,400 employees and over $280 billion in assets under administration.
We leverage our strong values and a collaborative culture to develop and maintain trusted relationships with our clients. By combining our talent and one-firm approach, built on our best-of-breed multi-jurisdictional platforms, we provide tailored end-to-end solutions that embrace complexity and deliver simplicity.
Summary of the position
To provide an awesome, consistent, one-stop, end-to-end administrative service offering to Deceased Estate, Will and Living L&D Clients, safe custody Clients, as well as to, where applicable, their Heirs, parties to whom we offer Estate Administration Services, allocated Client Service Manager (CSM) and Key Account Manager (KAM) – building strong service relationships to enhance, retain and grow business.
The Administrator, Estate and Will Administration Services will perform various administrative, servicing, coordinating, support and relationship management activities to assist with the take-on and administration of Deceased Estates, Wills, the Living L&D offering and the applicable safe custody, working closely with and supporting the Heirs and other parties involved with the Deceased Estates, Private Clients, CSMs, KAMs as well as other members of the Fiduciary Service centre and, where necessary, other teams in Maitland.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The Administrator, Estate and Will Administration Services will be expected to:
- Responsibility for Risk Management;
- Responsibility for implementing and maintaining controls relevant to the position;
- The Administrator, Estate and Will Administration Services forms an integral part of the Fiduciary Service centre, bringing together the skills, systems, processes and procedures relating to Estate and Will Administration Services;
- Ensure the highest level of service and support to our Private Clients, the Heirs, other parties on Deceased Estates, the CSMs, KAMs, other areas within the Fiduciary Service centre, as well as other teams within Maitland;
- Take full personal ownership, responsibility and accountability of all transactions, interaction and enquiries for the allocated Estates, Wills and Living L&D offerings, attending to the day-to-day Estates and Will administration work;
- Be responsible for the drafting of letters, documents, Liquidation and Distribution Accounts, Estate Duty Returns, Reconciliations, regular progress reports to the Heirs and diarising key dates and events in all matters;
- Follow processes and procedures, working according to set quality standards and keeping to agreed turn-around times, on a daily basis;
- Develop, build and maintain sound ongoing relationships with the client, Heirs, CSM and KAM during the course of the matter with a view to ensure clear continuous communication and successful rendering of Deceased Estate, Will or Living L&D service to the client;
- Liaise with internal departments to promote clear channels of communication and sound working relationships;
- File administration (be it electronic of paper files), including the opening of files, filing documents, and putting files to records, generally ensuring that files are kept in an orderly manner and up-to-date;
- Effectively and efficiently deal with safe custody matters, according to the prescribed guidelines;
- Be timely and efficient in dealing with enquiries and/or complaints from clients, Heirs, CSMs, KAMs, intermediaries and the general public, and escalate where needed;
- Actively look for opportunities to improve operational efficiencies to improve service and to decrease cost – identify and report on suggested process and/or system changes/enhancements to ensure awesome service delivery going forward;
- Provide quality input on opportunities and potential threats/risk to the Estate and Will Administration Services team, as well as to the Fiduciary Service centre as a whole;
- Proactively and positively manage internal and external expectations through periods of change;
- Meeting of personal and team targets;
- Assist with projects in the Service centre as they arise;
- Ensure to demonstrate the company’s values on a daily basis; and
- Provide team support to all areas within the greater Fiduciary Service centre – working together to create a combined centre of excellence.
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Must have excellent administrative, servicing, coordinating, support, relationship management and innovation skills;
- Is passionate about service and service excellence, with a ‘will do, can do’ attitude – demonstrating a determination and encourage others to achieve excellence in every task, action and or interaction;
- Is creative and shows innovation – taking advantage of opportunities to improve and enhance matters and solving problems;
- Is flexible and dynamic with an enthusiastic approach – with a positive and upbeat attitude;
- Has the ability to gaining and establishing confidence of others, inspiring others to have a passion for performance by enhancing and improving the way things are done;
- Proactively builds networks with key clients as well as with people in the organisation;
- Knows how to leverage diversity – respects, understands, values and harnesses team member differences;
- Is highly organised, efficient and professional with a sense of urgency and good time management;
- Takes initiative, is pro-active and flexible with great problem resolution skills – sound decision making and judgement;
- Has the ability to work confidently, proactively, and be able to consistently perform well when under pressure;
- Is detail and quality conscious – accountable, responsible and adaptable;
- Has honesty and integrity of the highest order and respect for the confidentiality of our clients’ and Maitland’s affairs;
- Has the ability to work well both under supervision as a member of a team, as well as independently;
- Has excellent skills to communicate confidently, professionally and effectively with clients, staff and management (verbal and or written);
- Is knowledge and information seeking – understanding the importance of knowledge and skills and actively manage own and staff’s development path and plan;
- Has business acumen – an understanding and the application of business principles, procedures and processes to comply with regulations, enhance efficiency and increase profitability;
- Has resilience – overcoming obstacles and delivers results by showing tenacity; and
- Has excellent computer and typing skills, with the ability to learn and understand new systems with confidence, and have a good knowledge and experience of working on and understanding the Microsoft Office suite (including Excel, Word and Outlook) – knowledge and experience of the LegalEase suite will be an advantage.
Education and Experience
- Must have at least three years current, practical and relevant experience, within the Deceased Estates and Wills services sector;
- Will have suitable qualifications relevant to the duties and responsibilities listed above;
- Good knowledge and experience of working on and understanding the Microsoft Office suite (including Excel, Word and Outlook) – knowledge and experience of the Legal Ease suite will be an advantage.
The Administrator, Estate and Will Administration Services will report to the Manager, Estate and Will Administration Services, Fiduciary Services, Private Clients based in Cape Town.
Remuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience and seniority. In addition, the successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package.
Email your CV to Gaynor Frantz Gaynor.Frantz@maitlandgroup.co.za
Download in PDF format here.