Client Service Administrator (CSA), Fiduciary Services, Private Clients
Summary of the position
To provide professional, consistent, end-to-end fiduciary trustee and administrative services, to an allocated portfolio of fiduciary clients, in a multi-skilled specialist and administrative team – building strong client and service relationships to enhance, retain and grow our business.
The Client Service Administrator (CSA) will perform various administrative, servicing, co-ordinating, support and relationship management activities to assist with the take-on, administration and on-going servicing of trusts and private client affairs, working closely with and supporting other teams within Maitland.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The Client Service Administrator forms an integral part of Maitland’s Fiduciary Services, bringing together the skills, systems, processes and procedures relating to Fiduciary Client Management services.
The Client Service Administrator (CSA) role is extremely varied and the CSA will be expected to manage a variety of tasks and enquiries. The role is to ensure that all interaction with the client is handled in a timely, professional manner, with comprehensive and quality responses that continually exceed the client’s expectations. Every contact with a client should be seen as an opportunity to meet our business goal of acquiring new and retaining existing assets.
The Client Service Administrator will be expected to:
- Take responsibility for the administrative client take-on, ensuring that required documentation and signatures have been received from all parties involved to ensure a fully compliant client take-on,
- Create client profile and record on all systems and platforms, according to the client take-on process, making sure that client and all related parties’ information is loaded as prescribed,
- Save all client documentation and information on the document management system, using the correct naming convention, ensuring that client records are always up to date (at take-on & ongoing),
- Create a small hard-copy client file (for client meetings), containing the prescribed documentation, ensuring that the client file is always up to date and locked-up (at take-on & ongoing),
- Prepare MOHC packs, once checked, submitting it to the Master, arranging delivery, filing proof of the Master’s receipt, and following it up until finalisation by the Master,
Ensure that the Trust function properly and that the Trust deed provisions are accurately observed and adhered to,
- Fulfil and comply with Fiduciary duty,
- Ensure that all obligations in terms of client mandates are met,
- Assist with the preparation and compilation of meeting packs, binding it, meeting arrangements, destructing packs left over after the meeting, etc.,
- Assist with the finalisation of tasks and/or to do items after client meetings,
- Take responsibility for payments from client bank accounts administered by us (i.e. ensure that instruction is valid and that all requirements are met, capturing payments and/or Beneficiaries, making sure that payment is done and that POP is sent, etc.),
- Distribute bank statements to clients monthly, as agreed,
- Assist with the compilation of documents for accounting officer to draft Trust’s AFS and submit Tax,
- Take responsibility for updated client records, i.e. loan schedule, cash flow and account balance, etc.,
- Take responsibility for scheduled events, i.e. payments to take place monthly and on specific future dates, investment reviews or meetings to be arranged, etc.,
- Ensure that all interaction with the client is handled in a timely, professional manner, with comprehensive and quality responses,
- Take responsibility for general administration to ensure we deliver awesome service to our clients, i.e. ensuring that there is always sufficient stationary for client packs, safe custody coordination, arranging deliveries and/or collections, etc.,
- Develop and maintain sound relationships with co-advisors, be it internal or external,
- Liaise and communicate effectively and professionally on all client and operations issues, both internally and externally,
- Follow processes and procedures, working according to set quality standards and keeping to agreed turn-around times,
- Provide quality input on opportunities and potential threats/risks to the business unit,
- Meet personal and team key performance targets,
- Assist with or take responsibility for internal projects within Fiduciary Services and Private Clients as they arise, and
- Provide team support to all areas within the greater Private Clients team and the wider Maitland business.
Skills and experience required to fulfil this role
The successful candidate:
- must have at least three years’ current and relevant experience, ideally within the trust or fiduciary services sector, with excellent relationship management, administrative, servicing, coordinating and support skills,
- will have suitable professional qualifications relevant to the duties and responsibilities listed above,
- will have knowledge and understanding of the South African trust legislation, trust governance and trust administration,
- will have knowledge of the South African tax legislation,
- is passionate about service and service excellence,
- has honesty and integrity of the highest order and respect for the confidentiality of our clients’ and Maitland’s affairs,
- is creative and shows innovation,
- is flexible and dynamic with an enthusiastic approach and positive attitude,
- is highly organised, efficient and professional with a sense of urgency and good time management,
- has resilience – overcoming obstacles and delivering results by showing tenacity,
- confidently takes initiative, is pro-active and has solid problem resolution skills and sound judgement,
- has the ability to prioritise and plan a challenging workload, and to work in a pressurised and demanding environment,
- has an excellent eye for detail,
- has the capacity to work well both under supervision as a member of a team, and independently when required to do so,
- demonstrates a high degree of diplomacy and tolerance, and
- has excellent computer skills, with the ability to learn and understand new systems.
The Client Service Administrator (CSA) will report to the Head of Fiduciary Services South Africa.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should contact Lynn Alkana on email Lynn.Alkana@maitlandgroup.co.za.
Download the job description in PDF format here.
To apply for this job email your details to Lynn.Alkana@maitlandgroup.co.za