Preference will be given to EE applicants
(In the industry, this role is also known as a client-facing Fiduciary Specialist or Fiduciary Client Relationship Manager)
Maitland is a global advisory, administration and family office firm providing seamless legal, fiduciary, investment and fund administration services to private, corporate and institutional clients across multiple jurisdictions.
Our tailored solutions embrace complexity to deliver simplicity by combining our talent, one-firm approach and best-of-breed multijurisdictional
We are privately owned and fully independent with 18 offices in 13 jurisdictions, 1,400 employees and over $250 billion in assets under administration.
We leverage our strong values and a collaborative culture to develop and maintain trusted relationships with our clients.
This position is based in the Cape Town office of Maitland, located in Mowbray.
Summary of the position
To provide professional, consistent, end-to-end fiduciary advisory and administrative services, to an allocated portfolio of fiduciary clients, in a multi-skilled specialist and administrative team – building strong client and service relationships to enhance, retain and grow our business.
The Client Service Manager (CSM) will perform various advisory, administrative, servicing, co-ordinating, support and relationship management activities to assist with the take-on, administration and on-going servicing of trusts, wills, estates and private client affairs, working closely with and supporting other teams within Maitland.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The Client Service Manager forms an integral part of Maitland’s Fiduciary Services, bringing together the skills, systems, processes and procedures relating to Fiduciary Services Management.
The Client Service Manager (CSM) is the client champion within the Maitland Fiduciary Service environment. This role is extremely varied and the CSM will be expected to manage a variety of tasks and enquiries, which may include acting as a trustee or director for client entities, drafting resolutions, extracting information on client accounts, communicating the details about a particular Maitland product or service offering, the resolution and/or the prevention of a problem, etc. The role is to ensure that all interaction with the client is handled in a timely, professional manner, with comprehensive and quality responses that continually exceed the client’s expectations. Every contact with a client should be seen as an opportunity to meet our business goal of acquiring new and retaining existing assets.
The Client Service Manager will be expected to:
- Take ownership of, and be responsible for all interactions, transactions and enquiries for allocated Private Clients. This will include but not be limited to new business take-on, financial transacting, general changes or requests, compliance monitoring, invoicing and fee collections, file administration and annual file reviews, as well as dealing with intermediaries on the client’s behalf;
- Develop and maintain sound relationships with co-advisors, be it internal or external;
- Act as a “designated officer” and signatory in the South African Fiduciary office on behalf of Maitland, as required;
- Act as Maitland representative trustee or director on client entities or Maitland entities, as required;
- Liaise and communicate effectively and professionally on all client and operations issues, both internally and externally;
- Ensure that all obligations in terms of client mandates are met;
- Negotiate fees and annual increases within set guidelines and take responsibility for effective debtor management and cash collections through efficient internal collaboration;
- Follow processes and procedures, working according to set quality standards and keeping to agreed turn-around times;
- Provide quality input on opportunities and potential threats/risks to the business unit;
- Meet personal and team key performance targets;
- Assist with or champion internal projects within Fiduciary Services and Private Clients as they arise; and
- Provide team support to all areas within the greater Private Clients team and the wider Maitland business.
Skills and experience required to fulfill this role
The successful candidate:
- must have at least five years’ current and relevant experience, ideally within the trust or fiduciary services sector, with excellent relationship management, administrative, servicing, coordinating and support skills;
- will have suitable professional qualifications relevant to the duties and responsibilities listed above;
- will have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the relevant South African trust and tax legislation, trust governance and trust administration;
- has business acumen and an understanding of business principles, procedures and processes;
- is passionate about service and service excellence;
- has honesty and integrity of the highest order and respect for the confidentiality of our clients’ and Maitland’s affairs;
- is confident in leading face-to-face client meetings;
- is creative and shows innovation;
- is flexible and dynamic with an enthusiastic approach and positive attitude;
- is highly organised, efficient and professional with a sense of urgency and good time management;
- has resilience – overcoming obstacles and delivering results by showing tenacity;
- confidently takes initiative, is pro-active and has solid problem resolution skills and sound judgement;
- has the ability to prioritise and plan a challenging workload, and to work in a pressurised and demanding environment;
- has an excellent eye for detail;
- has the capacity to work well both under supervision as a member of a team, and independently when required to do so;
- demonstrates a high degree of diplomacy and tolerance; and
- has excellent computer skills, with the ability to learn and understand new systems.
The Client Service Manager (CSM) will report to a Senior Manager or Team Leader within the client engagement reporting structure of Fiduciary Services South Africa.
Remuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience and seniority. In addition, the successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package.
Please send your CV to Gaynor Frantz on email@example.com.
Click here to download the job description in PDF format.