Sentinel is expanding and is seeking an Estate Planning & Wills Consultant at its Woodmead, Johannesburg branch
To create a comprehensive, bespoke estate plan via the drafting of local and/or offshore wills to meet the individual needs of the client to ensure the management, preservation, and distribution of client’s local and offshore assets to their local and offshore heirs and beneficiaries and to further ensure that the client’s assets are managed and protected considering any foreign tax jurisdictions.
The suitable candidate will have the following attributes/technical skills:
Minimum Level of Education:
Preferable Level of Education:
BCom/BSc/BA/HDip Tax/Financial Planning Certification with an emphasis on financial planning and wills drafting
Minimum three years with a fiduciary services company or similar professional service provider.
Fully proficient, both written and spoken, in English and Afrikaans.
- In-depth knowledge of South African property law; Wills Act and Administration of Deceased Estates Act as well as any other legal framework which could influence the preparation of an Estate Plan or the drafting of a Will (local and offshore).
- Inheritance Laws and Will drafting requirements of various Offshore jurisdictions will be required from time to time.
- Knowledge of taxation and tax avoidance and an understanding of the South African taxation system and how to legally minimize tax liability.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial planning and investment management, including different types of investments, risk assessment and portfolio diversification.
- Knowledge of trust law and trust creation with a comprehensive understanding of the trust law system in South Africa and how to structure trust arrangements to best benefit their clients.
- Must be able to draft and execute local and offshore wills and other documents related to estate planning.
- Must be able to identify and manage risk associated with estate planning, such as taxes, legal issues, and wealth preservation.
- Ability to analyse and interpret legal documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Patience and attention to detail.
- Ability to explain complex legal concepts in a simple and understandable way.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Professionalism and credibility.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients.
As soon as possible.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Should you fit the above skill set please submit your CV to:
Coralea Zweig on email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Estate Planning & Wills Drafter Woodmead Application
Please Note: Should you not receive a response by 10 February 2023, your application did not meet our requirements.
Download the job description in PDF format here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com