To provide a full administration function in the winding up of deceased estates in terms of the Administration of Estates Act 66 of 1965 and any directives related thereto.
- Conduct interviews in respect of new estates.
- Build and maintain sound relationships with business introducers/intermediaries
- Management of relationships with High Network Clients and Heirs. Superior communication to
ensure client satisfaction.
- Regular correspondence with heirs / business introducers / intermediaries as instructed.
- Monthly reviews and reports on all estates
- Interpreting of Wills
- Correct identification of heirs as per the Last Will and Testament or Intestate Succession Act.
- Completion of documentation required by the Master of the High Court
- Safe custody and control of securities
- Obtain Letters of Executorship and arrange for the necessary adverts in terms of the
Administration of Estates Act.
- Open Estate’s file to comply with company rules and to comply with audit requirements
- Capturing of info onto LegalEase, upkeep of Estate’s on server file
- Co-ordinate valuations of assets
- Receive and manage claims against estates
- Arrange, co-ordinate and receive proceeds from the redemption of assets where necessary.
- Arrange co-ordinate and limit risks involved with transfer of assets to beneficiaries or
redemption of assets.
- Management and correct reporting of litigation/ potential litigation and related problems
- Draft and lodge liquidation and distribution accounts with Master of the High Court
- Attend to and manage Master’s Queries
- Arrange the necessary adverts in terms of the Administration of Estates Act
- Arrange payment of creditors timeously
- Report and manage submission of final tax returns and estate duty calculations (if applicable) to the South African Revenue Services and obtain required tax clearance certificates
- Ensuring the finalisation of the estate.
- Management of Deadwood Estates.
- Drafting of cash distribution statements/ final distribution statements for heirs and payment of heirs
- Submission of outstanding documents to the Master of The High Court and obtaining the filing slip.
- Arranging for closed estate files to be lodged with offsite storage facility.
- Upkeep of office registers (e.g. closed files register)
- Correct record keeping for statistics purposes.
- Mentorship to colleagues and self-development
- Identification of marketing opportunities (e.g. Wills for heirs)
- Any other reasonable duty requested by management
Branch Manager & Group Chief Operations Officer
Legal or similar degree / Certificate in Estate Administration
FISA accreditation (not compulsory)
3 – 5 years’ experience in the administration of deceased estates
Please forward CVs to Marietjie Strauss via email to: email@example.com
Tel.: 060 998 3785
Closing date for applications: 31 August 2020
Start date: As soon as possible
Download the job description in PDF format here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org