AlphaWealth provides investment, wealth and estate planning services to high-net-worth individuals, families, selected institutions and charities. Alpha Family Office Services (AFOS) is a division of AlphaWealth and provides estate and tax planning, trust and company administration and general advisory services to its clients.
An opportunity has arisen for a Fiduciary Assistant to join our team in the Johannesburg office.
The Fiduciary Assistant will work as an integral member of the AFOS team and provide administrative support to enable the Fiduciary Specialists to implement and administer the estate planning solutions and services for high net worth clients, including trust and company administration and drafting of Wills.
- Provide direct support to the Fiduciary Specialists with the drafting and setting up of new trusts (using existing precedents where appropriate);➢ To create and maintain trust files, including the preparation of necessary resolutions, agreements and other documents (using existing precedents where appropriate);
- Prepare annual trustee meeting packs, attend annual trustee meetings and prepare minutes of such meetings;
- Liaise with clients regarding documents and information needed for these processes;
- Deal with payment requests;
- Provide coverage for Fiduciary Specialists when necessary;
- Maintain files of original trust documents and document log;
- Prepare client correspondence (such as terms of business, fees letters, etc.) and oversee all incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Liaise with outsourced service providers as necessary;
- Liaise with Master’s Office as necessary;
- Manage deceased estate process with outsourced service providers;
- Prepare draft Wills under supervision of Fiduciary Specialist
- Maintain Wills database and safe storage of original Wills.
Qualification, Experience and Knowledge
- LLB degree (experience in fiduciary industry not essential); OR➢ other legal qualification or post graduate diploma in trust administration (prior experience in the fiduciary industry required);
- FPSA designation or the knowledge and experience to attain such designation will be an added advantage;
- Understanding of and experience in company administration will be an advantage.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a professional, high net worth environment
- Strong client service orientation
- Strong ability to prioritise issues, work efficiently, independently and complete actions necessary to meet requests
- Ability to relay complex information understandably
- Ability to adapt easily to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to take initiative
- Strong team orientation and ability to function as a team player
- Overall positive attitude and willingness to provide help to the entire team when needed
- Intent on a career in the fiduciary industry
Remuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience and seniority.
As soon as possible.
For more information or to apply, please contact Lyle Stevens at email@example.com or on 011 707 1340.
Click here to download the job description in PDF format.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org