WHO ARE WE?
Sanlam Private Wealth crafts customised investment portfolios for high net worth private clients, charitable institutions, trusts and corporate entities.
With assets under management and administration of more than R151 billion, we offer a comprehensive and integrated suite of wealth management solutions. These include equity, retirement and offshore investment portfolios, fiduciary and tax services, an equity-backed finance offering, a global stockbroking service and derivatives trading.
At Sanlam Private Wealth, our clients are at the core of everything we do. For this reason, we employ people with passion – individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, high-energy environment.
Sanlam Private Wealth is part of the Sanlam Investments Group, a leading investment and wealth management business in South Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Australia and Europe.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Trusts and Wills:
- Draft various trust documents and arrange signatures and submissions to the Master
- Prepare meeting agendas and minutes and collate packs for the Trustees
- Create and maintain trust files (physical and electronic)
- Draft new Wills and amend Wills, under instruction, and assist with the signing and filing
- Interact with clients relating to the functions above, including traveling to meet them when required
- Provide direct support to the Fiduciary and Tax Specialist
- Assist with monthly invoicing
- Liaise with internal and outsourced service providers
- Have a basic understanding of deceased estate administration and assist when required o Attend to various aspects of trust administration
- Attend and assist in various aspects of deceased administration
- Assist with the preparation of tax documents
- Load payments
- General administration
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE?
- Knowledge and understanding of wills, estates and trusts in South Africa
- Experience working within the financial services industry and/or a legal background. Private Wealth client experience advantageous.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (a legal qualification would be advantageous) with a minimum of 2 years financial services and/or legal industry experience, or relevant Diploma with 5-10 years fiduciary administrator experience within the financial services industry.
- Proven experience in a client-focused business environment.
- Own transport and a valid drivers’ license.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel). Advanced Excel would be an advantage
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of wills, estates and trusts in SA context
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong administration skills
- Strong numerical orientation
- Highly organized with a high level of customer focus
- Accurate and detail orientated
- Critical and analytical capability
- Ability to perform well under pressure and show maturity, confidence and resilience
- Excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills
- Pro-Active approach to work, clients, problem solving
- Learning agility and curiosityAssertive
- Passionate ownership for results
OUR AIM IS TO HELP YOU BUILD A SUCCESSFUL CAREER WITH US
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth.
Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Mi-way, as well as the Group Office – the Sanlam Group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
DUE DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
24 February 2023
EMAIL ADDRESS FOR APPLICATIONS
Download the job spec in PDF here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org