A vacancy has become available for a Paralegal in the Deceased Estates practice area. The position will be reporting to the Arnold Shapiro. The candidate should meet the criteria listed below:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5-9 years’ sound deceased estates secretarial and administration experience
- Relevant Secretarial / Office Administration certificate/diploma
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer literacy and experience in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent typing skills, speed and accuracy
EXPERIENCE AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be able to independently attend to the administration of a Deceased Estate from start to finish (Reporting to the Master of the High Court) and drawing up of liquidation and distribution account, reconciling accounts
- Drafting of the Liquidation and Distribution Account
- Day to day administration of estates, liquidations and insolvent estates and attending to dication.
- Applications to register death, transmission applications, property transfers, applications for substituted titles & other lands titles office documents
- Attend to and solve the queries on sheets from the master’s office
- Advertising of estate late matters with the media houses as per S29 and 35 of Estate Duty Act45/1965
- Typing all correspondence, agreements and litigious documents and drafting of wills.
- Building and maintain relationships with clients and ensuring follow through of service
- Account management including and not limited to amendments, itemized billing, draft accounts, adjustments and final accounts
- Posting of fees, invoicing and collection of outstanding accounts
- Initiative: Being proactive in achieving goals and exceeding goals, going the extra mile.
- Results driven: Ability to work well under pressure without compromising work quality or standards.
- Ability to handle high volumes as well as meet deadlines with the view to adding value to the business by delivering the required results.
- Work Standards: Ability to produce consistent high-quality work. Maintain a high standard of service during the administration process without supervision.
- Able to work independently following appropriate instruction and to take responsibility for the work product delivered.
- A team player and a communicator. Reliable, with an eagerness to share knowledge and learning with others.
- Positive and motivated for work in a pressurised environment.
Download the job description in PDF format here.
To apply for this position, please send your application and relevant supporting documents to Emily Ntuli at firstname.lastname@example.org on/before 17 July 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com