MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The core businesses of MMI are long and short-term insurance, asset management, savings, investment, health care administration and employee benefits. These product and service solutions are provided to all market segments through operating brands Metropolitan and Momentum.
To provide specialist local and international estate planning and tax advisory services to the clients of Momentum Trust and assist with the implementation thereof. To represent Momentum Trust where required on public platforms and in the media regarding local and international fiduciary services matters.
What you’ll need
- Strong strategic thinking ability;
- Good interpersonal, networking and relationship building skills;
- Ability to adapt to a complex environment;
- Sound judgment.
Responsibilities and work outputs
- Provide specialist local and international estate planning and structuring advisory services to the clients of Momentum Fiduciary Services;
- To represent Momentum Trust regarding local and international fiduciary services matters on appropriate public platforms and forums;
- Identify innovative business and product opportunities for Momentum Trust locally and internationally;
- Take responsibility for the development of the specialist fiduciary advice value proposition within Momentum Trust;
- Assist with the formulation and communication of the Momentum Trust houseview regarding the use of local and international fiduciary services structures;
- Train and upskill the field legal advisory team regarding local and international fiduciary services;
- Provide support to the various sales channels in order to meet specific sales/production and campaign objectives by providing legal technical support.
- Deciding & Initiating Action;
- Adhering to Principles and Values;
- Presenting and Communicating Information;
- Applying Expertise & Technology;
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations;
- Adapting and Responding to change.
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant postgraduate legal/accounting academic qualifications are essential;
- Minimum five years specialist experience in local and offshore estate planning and structuring;
- Experience in dealing with the jurisdictions of Guernsey and/or Mauritius will be an advantage;
- Specialist local and international tax knowledge;
- Specialist knowledge of the investment or wealth management industry and financial services; •
- Specialist knowledge of exchange control matters affecting high net worth individuals (HNWI’s).
Should you be interested in applying for this position please click on apply, for any enquiries please contact:
Name: Jane Mohula
Tel: 012 673 7639
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of application please note that your application has been unsuccessful.
Click here to download the job specification in PDF.