Who are we?
Sanlam Private Wealth crafts customised investment portfolios for high net worth private clients, charitable institutions, trusts and corporate entities.
With assets under management and administration of more than R151 billion, we offer a comprehensive and integrated suite of wealth management solutions. These include equity, retirement and offshore investment portfolios, fiduciary and tax services, an equity-backed finance offering, a global stockbroking service and derivatives trading.
At Sanlam Private Wealth, our clients are at the core of everything we do. For this reason, we employ people with passion – individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, high-energy environment.
Sanlam Private Wealth is part of the Sanlam Investments Group, a leading investment and wealth management business in South Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Australia and Europe.
Responsible for providing a tax compliance service to individual, trust, estate and company portfolio clients of Sanlam Private Wealth, Sandton, and Pretoria. The role is key to securing and retaining the managed share portfolios of the Portfolio Management team.
What will you do?
- Accurately compute, complete and submit provisional tax returns
- Arrange provisional tax payments
- Accurately compute, complete and submit annual tax returns
- Arrange assessed tax payments
- Check income tax assessments
- Lodge objections
- Correspond with clients and SARS
- Resolve client and SARS queries within the legislated timeframes
- Obtain tax clearances
- Keep abreast of applicable legislation
- Accurately and timeously maintain records relating to tax clients, including filing
- Arrange for the recovery of fees relating to tax work undertaken
Qualification & experience
- Relevant post graduate qualification
- Registration as a tax practitioner in good standing
- Five or more years’ experience in a similar role where work was undertaken independently and without assistance
- A proven track record
Knowledge and skills
- Client focus – building strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- Collaborates – working inclusively with others
- Resilient – working to deadlines and under pressure
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Computer literacy: proficiency in Word, Excel and the SARS NITS system and income tax software
- Excellent knowledge of tax law principles
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, taking ownership of problems until they are resolved.
- Highly organized with a high level of customer focus
- Excellent time management
- Accurate and detail orientated
- Ability to perform well under pressure and show maturity, confidence and resilience
- Excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills
- Pro-Active approach to work, clients, problem solving
- Learning agility and curiosity
- Passionate ownership for results
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Mi-way, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Due date for applications: 30 June 2023
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
To be considered for the above opportunity please send your detailed CV to Stanley Broun at email address StanleyB@privatewealth.sanlam.co.za.
Please note that if you are not contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date your application has been unsuccessful.
Click here to download the job description in PDF format.
To apply for this job email your details to StanleyB@privatewealth.sanlam.co.za.