Legacy Fiduciary Services & Estate Planning
Legacy Fiduciary Services and Estate Planners SA (Pty) Ltd is an independently owned and managed trust company based in Cape Town. The firm’s client base is throughout South Africa and abroad.
Summary of position
The Trust Administrator / Fiduciary Assistant will attend to all aspects of the back office administration of a portfolio of inter vivos as well as testamentary trusts, general administration, correspondence in a vibrant directors practice, including litigious trusts. The successful applicant will work with the assistance of a junior Fiduciary Assistant.
Experience and qualifications
- At least four years trust administration / related experience within a trust company or a legal firm providing specialist fiduciary and related services to its clients.
- Excellent administrative and general secretarial skills delivering exceptional service to high networth individuals.
- Microsoft packages (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point) Personal attributes and qualities:
- Be systematic and a very high attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal and being bilingual will be an advantage).
- Be able to work independently and with limited supervision and guidance from the relevant director.
- Work prioritisation, planning.
- Must have the willingness to learn and share skills and knowledge with colleagues.
- Knowledge of deceased estates administration will be an advantage.
- Basic Will drafting will be an advantage.
- Being able to work under pressure.
Outline of duties and responsibilities
- Liaising with clients / trustees, arranging trustee meetings.
- Attend to general administration of the trusts including preparation of minutes / agendas for trustee meetings and preparation of meeting packs.
- Working in close liaison with responsible director
- Ongoing capturing of documentation / file notes onto the files / systems
- Liaison with the Master of the High Court and other service providers
- Basic drafting of minutes, agendas, resolutions, amendments to Trust Deeds, appointment of trustees, billing and debtors, time recording, diary management, completion of
documentation, FICA maintenance on all files.
The remuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience.
Should you wish to join this dynamic team, please email your Curriculum Vitae, reference letters, copies of qualifications and related documents to Alfred Bester on email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download the job specification in PDF.