Posted on

IOL Money: Making provision for minor children in your will

It is important to consider all possible scenarios when estate planning, including the tragic possibility that both parents could pass away, leaving minor children behind.

If you die intestate (without a will), the minor children’s inheritance will be paid to the Guardian’s Fund. In order to avoid this, you can stipulate in your will that a testamentary trust be set up.

Martin Hesse, Editor of IOL Money, writes about this topic, quoting Phia van der Spuy, a FISA member and Fiduciary Practitioner of SA® (FPSA® ).

Read the article here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *