Maitland is a global advisory, administration and family office firm providing seamless multi-jurisdictional legal, tax, fiduciary, investment and fund administration services to corporate, institutional and private clients.
Founded in Luxembourg in 1976, the firm is privately owned and fully independent. It has 18 offices in 13 jurisdictions, 1,400 employees and over $250 billion in assets under administration.
We leverage our strong values and a collaborative culture to develop and maintain trusted relationships with our clients. By combining our talent and one-firm approach, built on our best-of-breed multi-jurisdictional platforms, we provide tailored end-to-end solutions that embrace complexity and deliver simplicity.
Summary of the position
To provide an awesome, consistent, one-stop, end-to-end administrative service offering to our Corporate Clients, the Corporate Secretarial Service Centre in Cape Town and the wider Corporate Services team based in Cape Town and Johannesburg. Building strong service relationships to enhance, retain and grow the business.
The Administrator, Corporate Secretarial and Admin Services will perform various administrative, servicing, coordination, support and relationship management activities to assist with the take-on and secretarial administration of Companies and Trusts, working closely with and supporting the Corporate Secretarial Service Centre team, the wider Corporate Services team and where necessary, other teams in Maitland.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The Administrator – Corporate Secretarial and Admin Services will be expected to:
The Administrator, Corporate Secretarial and Admin Services forms an integral part of the Corporate Secretarial Service Centre, bringing together the skills, systems, processes and procedures relating to Corporate Secretarial and Admin Services.
The Administrator will be expected to:
- take full personal ownership, responsibility and accountability for all instructions, transactions, interaction and enquiries for the Corporate Clients and allocated data base, including but not limited to:
- Company and trust registration;
- Attend to statutory requirements and maintenance of companies, trusts and funds;
- Monitor and implementation of regulatory and legislative changes that impact companies, trusts and funds;
- Annual returns, regulatory submissions and ad-hoc statutory requests diarised and dealt with proactively;
- Arrange Trustee, Board and/or Shareholder meetings, including the coordination of facilities to support such meetings;
- Prepare board packs;
- Prepare and distribute Shareholder notices;
- Minute meetings;
- Prepare resolutions or minute extracts as required;
- Prepare and arrange for agreements to be documented and signed;
- Prepare documentation and ensure changes are adopted and lodged;
- Ensure changes to companies and/or trusts are appropriately approved and lodged;
- Manage anti-money laundering (AML) queries;
- Liaison with registered agents, regulatory authorities, authorised representatives, board of directors, fund managers, professional advisors and other third parties (both internal and/or external);
- Liaison with bankers to manage their requirements including opening of bank, broker and custody accounts;
- Independently attend to the statutory elements of setting up or taking on new companies/funds/trusts, including all KYC/FICA/AML, FATCA, CRS, GTR etc.;
- Independently attend to the statutory elements (and legalities) of closure of companies/funds/trusts, relinquishing licenses etc.;
- Conduct regular reviews to ascertain any changes in risk ratings, good standing of statutory records, accuracy etc.;
- Ensure files (be it electronic or paper based) are organised, complete and up to date, according to the prescribed manner;
- Maintenance of data, general recordkeeping, courier of documents and safe custody of records, and
- Review financial statements.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining controls relevant to the position;
- Review and update of procedures relevant to the position.
- Follow processes and procedures, working according to set quality standards and keeping to agreed turn-around times, on a daily basis;
- Ensure that all instructions, requests, queries and/or complaints are dealt with efficiently and timeously, and escalate immediately where needed;
- Develop, build and maintain sound relationships with the Corporate Secretarial Service Centre – and wider Corporate Services team;
- Ensure the highest level of service, quality of work and support to our Corporate Clients, the BDM, CSM, KAM, other areas within the Corporate Services, as well as other teams within Maitland;
- Liaise with internal departments to promote clear channels of communication and working relationships;
- Actively look for opportunities to improve operational efficiencies to improve service and to decrease cost, identify and report on suggested possible process and/or system changes/enhancements to ensure awesome service delivery going forward;
- Provide quality input on opportunities and potential threats/risk identified;
- Proactively and positively manage internal and external expectations through periods of change;
- Meeting of personal and team targets;
- Assist with projects as they arise;
- Provide team support to all areas within Corporate Services, working together to promote collaboration; and
- Ensure to demonstrate the company’s values on a daily basis.
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
The Administrator, Corporate Secretarial and Admin Services:
- is passionate about service and service excellence, with a ‘will do, can do’ attitude – demonstrating a determination and encourage others to achieve excellence in every task, action and or interaction;
- is creative and shows innovation – taking advantage of opportunities to improve and enhance matters and solving problems;
- is flexible and dynamic with an enthusiastic approach – with a positive and upbeat attitude;
- has the ability to gaining and establishing confidence of others, inspiring others to have a passion for performance by enhancing and improving the way things are done;
- proactively builds networks with key clients as well as with people in the organisation;
- knows how to leverage diversity – respects, understands, values and harnesses team member differences;
- is highly organised, efficient and professional with a sense of urgency and good time management;
- takes initiative, is pro-active and flexible with great problem resolution skills – sound decision making and judgement;
- has the ability to work independently, confidently, proactively, use initiative, be decisive and be able to consistently perform well when under pressure;
- is detail and quality conscious – accountable, responsible and adaptable;
- has honesty and integrity of the highest order and respect for the confidentiality of our clients’ and Maitland’s affairs;
- has the ability to work well both under supervision as a member of a team, as well as independently;
- has excellent skills to communicate confidently, professionally and effectively with clients, staff and management (verbal and or written);
- is knowledge and information seeking – understanding the importance of knowledge and skills and actively manage own and staff’s development path and plan;
- has business acumen – an understanding and the application of business principles, procedures and processes to comply with regulations, enhance efficiency and increase profitability;
- has resilience – overcoming obstacles and delivers results by showing tenacity; and
- has excellent computer and typing skills, with the ability to learn and understand new systems with confidence, and have a good knowledge and experience of working on and understanding the Microsoft Office suite (including Excel, Word and Outlook).
Education and Experience
- Has a minimum of 3-5 years’ recent experience and working knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Companies Act, Trust Property Control Act, GreatSoft or other secretarial software and corporate secretarial administration;
- Has recent experience working with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) and the Master of the High Court as it relates to Trusts;
- Will have suitable qualifications relevant to the duties and responsibilities listed above (a Legal degree and/or Corporate Secretarial qualification is required);
- Working knowledge of GreatSoft secretarial software will be an advantage.
The Administrator – Corporate Secretarial and Admin Services will report to the Team Leader, Corporate Secretarial and Admin Services, Corporate Services based in Cape Town.
Remuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience and seniority. In addition, the successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package.
If you have any questions please e-mail: Vuyokazi.Sijawe@maitlandgroup.co.za
Click here to download the job description in PDF format.
To apply for this job please visit maitlandgroup-sa.erecruit.co.