Maitland is a global advisory, administration and family office firm providing seamless multi-jurisdictional legal, tax, fiduciary, investment and fund administration services to corporate, institutional and private clients across multiple jurisdictions.
Founded in Luxembourg in 1976, the firm is privately owned and fully independent. We have 17 offices in 12 jurisdictions, over 1,100 employees and over $250 billion in assets under administration.
We leverage our strong values and a collaborative culture to develop and maintain trusted relationships with our clients. By combining our talent and one-firm approach, built on our best-of-breed multi-jurisdictional platforms, we provide tailored end-to-end solutions that embrace complexity and deliver simplicity.
Summary of the position
The Client Service Administrator (CSA) will provide professional, consistent, end-to-end Fiduciary administrative services, to an allocated portfolio of Fiduciary clients, in a multi-skilled specialist and administrative team – building strong client and service relationships to enhance, retain and grow our business. This role is extremely varied and will be expected to manage a variety of tasks and enquiries.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
As the Client Service Administrator (CSA) you will:
- Form part of an integral part of Maitland’s Fiduciary Services, bringing together the skills, systems, processes and procedures relating to Fiduciary Client Management services.
- Fulfil and comply with Fiduciary duty,
- Prepare Master of the High Court packs, submitting it to the Master,
- Ensure that the Trust functions properly and that the Trust deed provisions are accurately observed and adhered to,
- Assist with the compilation of documents for the accounting officer to draft Trust’s Annual Financial Statements and submit Tax,
- Take responsibility for the administrative client take-on, ensuring that required documentation and signatures have been received from all parties involved to ensure a fully compliant client take-on,
- Ensure that all interaction with the client is handled in a timely, professional manner, with comprehensive and quality responses that continually exceed the client’s expectations. Every contact with a client should be seen as an opportunity to meet our business goal of acquiring new and retaining existing assets.
- Take responsibility for payments from client bank accounts administered by us and distribute bank statements to clients monthly, as agreed,
- Take responsibility for updated client records, i.e. loan schedule, cash flow and account balance, etc.,
- Take responsibility for scheduled events, i.e. payments to take place monthly and on specific future dates, investment reviews or meetings to be arranged, etc.,
- Develop and maintain sound relationships with co-advisors, be it internal or external,
- Provide quality input on opportunities and potential threats/risks to the business unit,
- Assist with or take responsibility for internal projects within Fiduciary Services and Private Clients as they arise, and
- Provide team support to all areas within the greater Private Clients team and the wider Maitland business.
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Honesty and integrity of the highest order and respect for the confidentiality of our clients’ and Maitland’s affairs,
- Excellent relationship management, administrative, servicing, coordinating and communication skills,
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with clients, staff and management in several different jurisdictions
- Contribute to team work ethos and living the Maitland values
- Highly organised, efficient and professional with a sense of urgency and good time management,
- Takes initiative, is pro-active and has solid problem resolution skills and sound judgement,
- The ability to prioritise and plan a challenging workload, and to work in a demanding environment,
- The capacity to work well both under supervision as a member of a team, and independently when required to do so,
- Be computer literate with a good knowledge of MS Office
Education and experience
- A minimum of three years’ current and relevant experience, within the Trust or Fiduciary Services Sector,
- Suitable professional qualification(s) relevant to the duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Knowledge and understanding of the South African Trust legislation, Trust governance and Trust administration,
- Knowledge of the South African tax legislation as it relates to Fiduciary Services.
The Client Service Administrator will report to the Client Service Manager based in Illovo, JHB.
Remuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience and seniority.
Please click on this link to apply for this position.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact Cindy Adriaans at [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit maitlandgroup-sa.erecruit.co.