Citadel is a specialist wealth management company based in South Africa. The company has 12 offices across the country and one in Guernsey, United Kingdom. Advice is the cornerstone of the Citadel offering, not only where to invest, but, more importantly, why. The company was founded in 1993, has 450 employees – including 190 advisors – and more than R50 billion in assets under management. Citadel’s key differentiator in an increasingly crowded market is its unwavering client-centric approach. As a result of this approach, Citadel boasts a client retention rate of 97%.
A key business within the Citadel Group is Citadel Fiduciary which offers clients, amongst other, estate planning and structuring services. Citadel Fiduciary has a position available for an ESTATE ADMINISTRATOR in our Pretoria office.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Administering, winding up and finalising the deceased estates of Citadel clients and third-party estates referred to Citadel Fiduciary. This will include monitoring and finalising all existing relationships in terms of the assets and financial affairs of the deceased prior to their death, and working with the estates administration assistant.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Preferably a law degree with five years’ relevant practical experience, equal to the requirements to obtain a FISA certification of Senior Estates Administrator.
- Relevant certificate in estate planning or estate administration.
- Practical, legal and accounting knowledge to draft liquidation and distribution accounts and cash reconciliation statements.
- Relevant tax and estate administration legislation knowledge.
- Fiduciary and other local compliance requirements (Master of the High Court, SARS, FICA, FAIS, FATCA, and exchange control).
FOCUS AREAS OF THE ROLE
- Work proactively with the relevant role players to administer the deceased estates in compliance with good governance and statutory requirements.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with beneficiaries and advisors.
ADMINISTRATION AND DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
- Carry out all relevant administrative tasks required to finalise estates speedily and effectively.
- Diligently attend to risk management during the process.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes, systems and policies and support the implementation of new processes, systems and policies.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impact on role by reading relevant literature including newsletters and websites.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from Manager.
- Motivate, inspire and support colleagues.
- Strategic thinking – detailed orientated without losing sight of the big picture.
- Excellent organisational skills and time management ability – planning and execution skills.
- Professional and confident communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Emotionally mature.
- Client relationship and service orientated.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Solution driven.
- Interpersonal understanding and empathy.
Click here for a detailed description of the position.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in the position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 24 June 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com