Managing Director, Citadel Fiduciary (Pty) Ltd
PURPOSE OF JOB
Take on appointments as executor and manage a client book: administer estates of high net worth clients.
All aspects of external and internal client relationship management in the estates administration and Wills drafting team.
Leadership and management of the estates administration service.
Leadership and management of the Wills drafting and safe custody service.
Ensure the commerciality of the estates administration and Wills drafting service offerings.
Strategically advance and build the service offerings.
Identify and manage all associated risks.
BA or B Com LLB or other legal qualification.
A tax qualification will be advantageous, but an excellent knowledge of taxes affecting deceased estates is a minimum requirement.
CFP is an added advantage.
Preferably an admitted attorney with a minimum of 15 years’ post articles current and relevant experience within the fiduciary industry.
Excellent client relationship management skills.
Excellent knowledge of and interest in the fiduciary industry – both local and offshore.
Excellent knowledge of and experience in the law of succession, law of things, law of persons, contract law and trust law.
Good knowledge of tax law relating to the management of the wealth of high net-worth individuals and families.
Excellent organisational skills and financial acumen to ensure good governance and all aspects of risk management.
COMPUTER COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
The ability to learn and use systems with confidence
- Preferably bi-lingual in English and Afrikaans
- Excellent relationship skills
- Excellent financial acumen
- Good writing and drafting skills
- Strategic thinking
- Good organisational skills and time management ability
- Professional and confident communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and good data management
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment and set priorities
- All aspects relating to estate planning for high net worth individuals, with a focus on Wills and deceased estates administration, locally and to some extent internationally
- Keep abreast of current trends and changes in the laws affecting estate planning, tax and the industry, locally and to some extent internationally
- Fiduciary and other local compliance requirements (Master of the High Court, SARS, FICA, FAIS, FATCA, exchange control)
- Law of succession, law of things, law of persons, contract law and trust law.
- Client relationship and service-orientated attitude
- Dynamic, flexible and enthusiastic
- Honesty, integrity, accountability and responsibility of the highest order
- Highly self-motivated, focussed and proactive
- Pragmatic problem-solver
- Respect for the confidentiality of clients’ affairs
- Interpersonal understanding and empathy
- Capacity to work both as member of a team and independently
- Intent on a career in the fiduciary industry
THE CITADEL WAY
Alignment to our clients’ interests and evoke high levels of trust in both our clients and their families. Take ownership of and accountability for management of the deceased estates administration and Wills drafting team to ensure the execution of all aspects of the process in a commercial and professional manner.
Click here to download the job specification.
To apply for this job email your details to nishik@Citadel.co.za